dagger (plural daggers)
- (Weapon) A stabbing weapon, similar to a sword but with a short blade.
- 1600: I bruis"d my shin th" other day with playing at sword and dagger with a master of fence... â€” William Shakespeare, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Act I, Scene I, line 282.
- 1786: The dagger, under the title cultellum and misericorde, has been the constant companion of the sword, at least from the days of Edward I. and is mentioned in the statute of Winchester. â€” Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page 34.
- A text character (â€ ) that is used for footnotes and also signifies death.
- Anything that causes pain like a dagger.
6 letters in word "dagger": A D E G G R.
Anagrams of dagger:
Words found within dagger:
ad ae ag age aged ager agger ar ard are ared areg da dae dag dare darg de dear drag dreg ea ear eard ed egad egg eggar er era erg gad gade gadge gae gaed gag gage gaged gager gar gare gear ged grad grade rad rade radge rag ragde rage raged ragg re read red reg